This 100-Hour Yin Yoga Teacher Training is a value-adding and rewarding experience that will facilitate your growth – either as a current yoga teacher who wants to explore more about the benefits of Yin Yoga and how one can incorporate yin yoga into his/her teachings, an aspiring yoga teacher, or an ongoing practitioner with the desire for more knowledge and applicable skill-sets for self- practice.
Yin Yoga stretches and targets the connective tissues between muscles, as well as fascia throughout the entire body. It improves circulation and flexibility, and is an essential part of a comprehensive and holistic yoga practice.
Stanley Lim (E-RYT 500) will introduce the fundamental principle of Yin Yoga teaching, together with the application of Yin poses and class sequencing and how they are practiced. Additional focus will be on Chinese Traditional Medicine and its understanding as a principle component to Yin Yoga practice. Fundamental anatomical concepts are covered in detail, and we will also learn the meridian pathway and anatomy of the lower body (from hip downward) and upper body (from chest upward).
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to confidently apply Yin Yoga concepts to their classes and also to incorporate these elements in their individual daily practices.
These 2 parts module are divided into 50hrs each over a period of time (where hours can be counted towards Yoga Alliance's Continuing Education Training credits). The timing between each part will allow students to better internalize their learning and facilitate their understanding of each component.
Part 1: 17-26 April 2020
Lower Body Meridian & Anatomy
Part 2: 12-21 June 2020
Upper Body Meridian & Anatomy
Yoga Philosophy and Meditation
Asana Techniques, Training and Practice
Anatomy & Physiology
Practicum & Business of Yoga
Part 1 (Lower Body Meridian & Anatomy)
Part 2 (Upper Body Meridian & Anatomy)
1) Yoga Philosophy and Meditation
• Principles of Yin Yoga
• Practice and Lifestyle of Yin Yoga
• Chinese Traditional Medicine theory in Yin Yoga
• Chakra Study and Meditation
• Application of Yoga Philosophy
2) Asana Techniques, Training and Practice
• In-depth study of Yin Yoga-based asanas
• Alignment principles and Art of Assisting
• Usage of props in Yin Yoga
• Chinese Traditional Medicine
• Yang Practice – Golden Seed Sequence
• Yang Practice – Dragon and Warrior Sequences
3) Teaching Methodology
• Art of sequencing
• Voice for facilitation in class
• Principles of adjustments and varying class levels
• Verbal and non-verbal delivery
• knowledge of classroom dynamics
• Qualities of a Yin yoga teacher
4) Anatomy and Physiology
• Knowledge of upper and lower meridian path
• Muscular system, joints and kinesiology
• Injury prevention and benefits of Yin Yoga as rehabilitation
5) Practicum and Business of Yoga
• Observation skills and follow-up techniques
• Developing the ability to conduct a teach large group classes
• Marketing yourself as a yin yoga teacher
• Feedback and improving session
8:30am to 10:30am – 2 hrs Yin Yoga Practice and meditation
10:30am to 12:30pm – Discourse
12:30pm to 1:30pm – Lunch
1:30pm to 3:30pm – Discourse
3:30pm to 5:30pm – Discourse
Stanley discovered yoga when he was recuperating from severe leg injuries sustained in a traffic accident in 1999. Back then, his life was devastated but yoga's therapeutic nature improved all aspects of his physicality and spirituality despite the physical limitations during this healing period. After his recovery, Stanley continued yoga practice and incorporated it into his daily regimen to seek a more holistic lifestyle. Yoga has not only helped him to recover from his injuries, it has also enhanced his inner peace and sanctity.
In 2002, Stanley gave up his job to seek his calling. His immense passion and interest for yoga drove him to further explore and enrich his yoga knowledge in Mysore, to study with the late Sri K. Pattabhi Jois, the eminent Ashtanga guru and his grandson, Sharath Rangaswamy. It has since become a yearly ritual to return to the source for self-improvement and inspiration. Stanley has also received blessing (authorised I and II) from Guruji to be the first son in Singapore to teach the Ashtanga system.
Inspired by wise words from Guruji, Stanley moved to Shanghai for 5 years to study Traditional Chinese Medicine (Acupuncture and Tuina) and Eastern philosophy, the system that binds the law of nature with humanity. Within this period, he also incorporated the same principle into his daily practice on and off the mat. He taught Ashtanga Yoga in Shanghai as instructed by his teacher Sharath. Stanley considers himself blessed to have studied under two founding teachers of Yin Yoga – Paul Grilley (Yin and Anatomy) and Sarah Power (Yin Yoga and Mindfulness Meditation). Now he is actively teaching both Yin, Yang (Ashtanga Yoga) Style Yoga and Nada(Sound) therapy. He has been conducting teacher trainings at China and the recent 2 years for Pure Yoga Singapore since his return.
To Stanley, Yoga is not about pushing one's physical boundaries but rather about self-discovery into one's heart which surpasses the common misconception that Yoga is purely physical. Yoga is the key to widen one’s inner consciousness to propel all of us to greater intelligence as a being. Stanley believe the true nature of human is good as long as we are connected to the core of our heart – bringing love.
QUALIFICATIONS & CERTIFICATIONS
- E 500 RYT Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher
- E 200 RYT Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher
- Singing Bowl Certification with Kathmandu Healing Centre
- Singing Bowl Level 1 Certification with Wellness Space
- Gong Training Levels 1-3 with Red Doors Studio
- Gong Master Training with Mysterious Tremendum
- Authorization Levels I and II, Ashtanga Yoga Research Institute, Mysore, South India, 2001-2014
- 100-hr Insight Yoga, Yin and Yang Teacher Training with Sarah Power
- 50-hr Yin Yoga Teacher Training with Bernie Clark
- 200-hr Yin yoga Teacher Training Levels 1 and 2 with Paul Grilley and Suzee
- 30-hr Yin Yoga with Paul Grilley and Suzee
- 30-hr Prajna Yoga with Tia Little
- 30-hr Purna Yoga with Aadil Palkhivala
- 50-hr Vinyasa Yoga CET with Shiva Rea
- 50-hr Anusara Yoga with John Friend
- 100-hr Yogamoves Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training
- 200-hr Yoga Arts Teacher Training
Part 1: $980.00
Part 2: $980.00
Parts 1 + 2: $1870.00
10% Early Bird discount before 31 March 2020
Just a note pad, water, sweater as training manual will be provided.
Should you cancel your participation in a workshop more than one (1) month prior to the event we will retain 20% handling fee.
Should you cancel your participation in a workshop between one (1) month and 14 days prior you will forfeit 50% of your booking.
Should you cancel within 14 – 7 days prior to the workshop you will forfeit 75% of the total fee. And if the cancellation is made less than 7 days prior to the workshop, there will be no refund.
Rather than forfeit your payments, you are free to find someone else to attend in your place.
Pay here via PayPal or buy via the Trium Fitness App